Google AJAX Search API in Blogger
The Google AJAX Search API has a number of well documented samples and solutions including the Video Search Solution and the Map Search Control Solution. Both of these solutions are great additions to a blog.
This morning, I modified a blogger template to include both of these solutions, as well as a core search solution. Fell free to take what I have done here and apply it to your blog, modifiy to meet your needs, etc. Just follow these instructions:
- Sign up for a Google Ajax Search API Key and capture the key. For my blog, I used a url of http://ajaxsearch.blogspot.com
- Download my modified template.
- Edit the &key= values in the template where the Google Maps API and Ajax Search API are loaded and replace with your API Key (your key will work for both APIs).
- Edit your blogger template, and replace or merge yours with mine. Note, mine is based on minima black.
Once you have got this going in your blog, you can do a few cool things:
- Embedding core center column search is just like map searching only the function is doCoreSearch(); Here is an example: Google
- Embedding video search links is just like map searching only the function is doVideoSearch(); Here is an example: Jimi Hendrix
Play around with this and let me know what you think.
p.s. - If you are a TypePad user, check out http://ajaxsearch.typepad.com